This course provides an introduction and advanced techniques to the fundamentals of photography.
A systematic and thorough approach is emphasized in the area of image sensors and digital workflow.
Students develop essential skills for obtaining consistent results and a foundation in photography as a visual language.
Creative Photoshop Working Techniques are everything You need to know as a successful Photographer or Retoucher - or maybe amateur Photoshop user.
Get the key on turning photos into pieces of art with our practical lessons.
We designed this course to bring You the most useful and amazing techniques in Your work and split them for a few separated sections.
We truly believe that to learn Photoshop effectively You don't need to know whole theory behind the program, and from our own experience we know that the best way of learning is by doing! Especially when we talk about such an amazing software like Photoshop CC.
Create complex and beautiful photo composites.
This course will teach you the fundamentals and secrets of photo compositing, advanced masking techniques, luminosity and color adjustments, selective sharpening and more.
With digital photo editing, “ the sky’s the limit.
Through our Compositing in Photoshop, you will start your exciting adventure and create a complex, dreamy photo composite.
This syllabus starts with a short introduction where you’ll get familiar with the basic principles of photo compositing.
The hands-on process starts with mastering advanced masking techniques with Photoshop Channels.
Next, you will build the Composition and focus on Luminosity and Color Adjustments, taking advantage of several great Photoshop tools such as Black and White Adjustment Layer, the Curves Adjustment Layer, Gradient Map, and Blend Modes.
Once you have the color adjustments ready, you will focus on contrast adjustments with a Dodge and Burn technique. Finally, you’ll add a few last touches including selective sharpening and Dust Effect created with the help of Photoshop Custom Brush.
When you’re finished with this course, you will have a foundational knowledge of photo compositing, helping you as you move forward to professional photo editing and graphic design.
Upon completion of the course you will;
- Understand that a good photograph is made in the photographer’s mind, the camera is merely a tool for expressing what he or she sees.
- Understand the basics of good composition and lighting, including lighting ratio and contrast.
- Understand and be able to manipulate the factors that control exposure in order to achieve optimum exposure.
- Understand the factors that dictate choice of media type and ISO.
- Understand the functions of the basic controls of an adjustable depth of field, it’s utilization and how to alter.
- This Course Suits all Photography enthusiasts aged 16 and above who are looking to get the most out of their DSLR camera.
This advanced still photography course covers all the entire knowledge for someone to become a Professional Commercial Wedding Photographer.
There is a chance that you might be clicking pictures at the play school in your locality, but you could also be clicking photographs at the Cannes red carpet.
Photography offers a number of opportunities and the range of the fields that you can venture into.
Mentioned below are the different career options possible within the realm of photography.
• Press Photographers or Photo Journalists provide the press with pictures that are relevant to the daily news and events.
This kind of photography is best done instinctively.
Hence, you need to be spontaneous and know what kind of a picture would best illustrate your article.
If you are adventurous and willing to work under difficult conditions when needed, then this field is probably for you.
• Fashion Photography is the field where one works for fashion houses, designers or individual models.
To be a part of this glamorous world, you must have knowledge about latest fashion trends and you should be willing to be experimental and creative.
• Portrait Photographers are people-oriented photographers who click snaps of individuals.
The subjects range from children to pets, functions to social events etc.
You can also specialize as wedding photographers.
• Industrial Photographers click photographs of machinery, merchandise, industrial layout, workers at work etc.
to be used for company publications and for the purposes of advertising and selling.
• Wildlife Photographers capture the animal kingdom and plant life in its most natural and habitual form.
This kind of photography is a part of Nature photography which also covers landscapes and scenery.
If you love nature and have the ability to capture the perfect sunsets and waterfalls in your camera then this is definitely an option that you could consider.
• Feature Photographers narrate an entire story through the medium of photographs.
Hence to be a feature photographer, you have to have extensive knowledge of the subject that you are dealing with and you should be willing to work at any given time and place.
• Forensic Photographers click photographs at crime scenes from all possible angles with great emphasis on details in order to help the police or detective agencies.
• Fine Art Photographers click photographs which are sold as an art form. To be a fine art photographer, you have to be very creative and expressive.
• Freelancing is the most popular option in this profession.
To be working as a freelancer, you need to have great management skills and the ability to work independently.
You might not know where the next job is coming from and their will be the hassles of keeping accounts.
But, you can be your own boss and find, shoot and sell your own photographs.
• Scientific Photography is used for scientific publications and research reports.
The areas that it covers are biology, medicine, chemistry and engineering.
You have to have both interest and knowledge to be a part of this field.
Personal Attributes and Skills:
To be a photographer, you have to have both creativity and technical knowledge.
You must have that extra quality and interest in visuals, colour, light etc.
The field of photography is constantly changing with the advancement of technology and hence you have to be fast-paced and willing to learn throughout your career.
Photography as a field has no particular or fixed career and salary structure. One has to be very brave to start off as a freelancer.
You would rather begin by working in a studio.
One can start as an assistant to senior photographers in which you’d be paid UGX: 300K. Once you are established, you would be paid as per the assignment.
The range can be from UGX: 1m - 10m.
Fields like commercial photography pay higher compared to the other fields.